Healthcare Provider Network Engagement Manager - Arizona
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There are changes happening in health care that go beyond the basics we hear in the news. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your solid customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located in the state of Arizona, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
75% of the role is to engage with UnitedHealthcare Providers
- Independently, lead for engagement management initiatives including working with external providers on appropriate use of the network, adoption of point of care enablement technology, self-service adoption, affordability targets and overall education
- Provide day-to-day management of engagement activities, including project management, reporting, coaching, implementation, problem resolution with defined service partners and other activities to assist in the facilitation of a successful relationship with assigned providers/book of business
- In partnership with the UHC Interoperability subject matter expert, operate as the provider adoption leader for all interoperability initiatives (i.e. including UHC Insights, PreCheck MyScript and Point of Care Assist Solutions)
- Interface with key individuals from provider practices to drive understanding of the provider practice data, act as subject matter expert and support needed practice workflow changes
- Consistently share practice data so providers understand how they are performing, and can improve their performance to set benchmarks
- Present practice data and information at external meetings to insure tools maximize value and collaborative efforts are completed
- Understand and guide providers to appropriate resources to troubleshoot questions and other business concerns
- Engage non-HPP provider groups to support performance journey to High Performing Physician (HPP) status
- Log all provider interactions and follow up on open issues to ensure proper documentation of current and future actions are tracked
- Create provider feedback loop on improved satisfaction opportunities with interoperability tools
15% of the role is to engage with Internal Partners
- Accurately and effectively communicate to status of Point of Care Solutions initiatives to internal UHG business partners
- Appropriately prioritize and escalate issues to contract leadership in support of ongoing relationship management
- Recommend data/report enhancements based on HPP practice clinical team feedback
- Meet individual affordability and engagement performance metrics set by National UnitedHealthcare Networks Team
10% of the role is to handle Ongoing Network Responsibilities:
- Self Service Adoption Efforts: Link, Smart Edits, DPOC & additional technology as they become available
- New and ongoing Policy Changes (i.e. affordability initiatives)
- Other outreach efforts as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 3+ years of project management expertise
- 3+ years of experience in health plans or provider experience, with a demonstrated focus on value-based contracting, population health management, or physician incentive programs
- Proficiency with MS Office, SharePoint, and customer management software
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 25% with in a market/state/region to meet face-to-face with providers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Solid analytical, critical reasoning and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.