Associate Director, Healthcare Economics - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Healthcare Economics in Optum’s Product Analytics organization performs critical research and data analytics that examine the effect of Social Determinants of Health on the administration and outcomes of Optum Health products. This includes analyzing complex data with statistical and visual data analytic techniques, building predictive models, and interpreting and presenting findings. The Associate Director works closely with business leaders and other researchers on the team to provide analytics that demonstrate value or opportunities for improvement to advance health equity for United Health Group’s membership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with other researchers in the team to execute the analytic roadmap
- Identify and deploy appropriate analytic and statistical techniques to solve complex business problems and overcome measurement challenges with minimal oversight
- Develop and manage large analytic datasets, including data extraction, cleaning, and documentation of project requirements
- Analyze complex data by applying various statistical and visual techniques to evaluate product performance
- Interpret study findings and present study designs, methodologies, and findings to internal customers
- Build statistical and machine learning models to model outcomes and improve product performance
- Interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for development and measurement
- Build solid relationships with product leaders in Optum and UnitedHealth Group
- Critical thinking and the ability to proactively develop methods and approaches to analysis
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative to excel in a fast-paced environment and pivot priorities as business needs shift
- Excellent time/project management and problem-solving skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, public health, health services research, economics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in health care research and analytics, including working with various health care data sources including large medical claims data sets
- Experience in statistical modeling, evaluation methods and statistical techniques such as logistic regression, predictive models, multivariate analysis, and linear models
- Advanced level of proficiency with R, SAS, or Python programming
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel, including advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc. or advanced proficiency in Tableau
- PhD in in mathematics, statistics, computer science, public health, health services research, economics, or related field
- Experience in presenting and demonstrating professional communication both verbal and written
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.