Associate Director, Healthcare Economics - Telecommute
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Whom we are looking for:
Passionate and highly motivated professional with 5+ years of hands-on experience in complete life cycle of population health analytics, clinical program/product evaluation, member profiling, and/or other healthcare reporting and analytics.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participates in complete life cycle of analytics and experimental investigations to support product development or evaluation. Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Works independently to develop research proposals or analysis plans, including designing analytical methodology and report templates. Gets input for plans from collaborating with product staff, data analysts or other experts and by reviewing relevant literature
- Works closely with customers to identify analytics needs and completes execution of requests
- Creates analytics data sets from different sources, performs data validation and transformation, and manages reporting (one-time) and automation (ongoing)
- Applies advanced research or statistical methods to conduct analyses
- Compiles, interprets, and presents highly complex results and concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Identify and communicate actionable insights and presents findings to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Leads and manages large complex projects within team or across teams. Manages multiple projects with challenging timelines
- Is an established research methods and data subject matter expert. Coaches and assist other analysts regarding analytic methods and data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise
- 5+ years experience in SAS, Python, or equivalent statistical software
- 3+ years experience in statistical modeling
- 3+ years experience in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduate degree in statistics, epidemiology, health services research or economics research or related field
- 5+ years experience in healthcare reporting, research, and/or analytics, experience with medical and pharmacy claims data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.