Sr Healthcare Economic Consultant - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Health Care Economics Consultant in the Product Analytics organization, you will lead data-driven studies to tell the story of how Specialist Management Solutions makes a difference and develop innovative models to drive future growth and efficiency. Your role will include developing measurement approaches, building statistical and machine learning models, analyzing complex data, and interpreting and presenting findings. You’ll work closely with business leaders and other researchers to develop innovative analytic solutions to help Optum fulfill its mission.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Join a team of statisticians and data analysts to measure performance and drive enhancements of population health management and network programs
- Develop and apply statistical methods to evaluate economic and clinical program performance
- Identify and deploy appropriate analytic techniques to solve complex business problems and overcome measurement challenges
- Build statistical and machine learning models to model outcomes and improve program performance
- Perform analytic dataset creation and statistical modeling, and summarize results
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business needs, explain methods, and interpret findings
- Manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet non-negotiable deadlines
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics and working with large medical claims data sets
- Experience/proficiency with statistical techniques such as logistic regression, predictive models, multivariate analysis, and linear models
- Experience with R, Python, or similar
- Advanced proficiency with SAS programming
- Master’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Biostatistics, or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.