Senior Network Administrator - Remote - Minneapolis, MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Ensures the availability and reliability of all corporate networks, assists in strategic planning for all the networks, responsible for development, administration, and maintenance of the corporate networks in a Microsoft centric, hybrid client server environment. Responsible for the daily maintenance, management, monitoring and troubleshooting of network systems, services and applications for maximum reliability, recoverability, and performance. Perform installations and troubleshooting of Windows servers. Proactive upgrades of existing operating systems, patches, and revision testing. Define and implement highly technical Windows/VMware solutions to business needs in addition to supporting the operating system software and server hardware.
Occasional visits to the data center in Minneapolis will be required.
If you are located within commuting distance of Twin Cities data center, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Daily network management functions including operational analysis, optimization, and maintenance of a complex client-server network environment to ensure proper and secure operations of all network systems
- Evaluate, install, coordinate implementation, and maintain new network/system services in response to business needs
- Maintain network servers, SANs, switches, access points, etc.
- Backup/restore of critical network services and server data
- Install and maintain system access security devices and software as required
- Perform network usage analysis to determine service levels and to detect abuse or incorrect use
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to network users in the resolution of hardware and software problems
- Prepare and recommend changes to network configuration and operational procedures
- Communicate network and system changes and issues to team
To gain further experience administering network, network security, VMware, and Microsoft technologies. An opportunity to start a career with UnitedHealth.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience supporting personal computers and networks
- 2+ years of experience supporting Windows, VMware, firewalls, LANs, TCP/IP
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of Windows, VMware, Exchange, firewalls, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of physical and logical network design including configuration of switches and security appliances, DNS, and DHCP
- Knowledge of Windows RDS, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Familiar with Palo Alto firewalls
- Familiar with Veeam Backup software
- Familiar with Carbon Black Protection software
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.