Field Based Healthcare Ambassador - Brooklyn, NY
This is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Healthcare Ambassador is a pivotal member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role actively engages with patients both in the home and by telephone. The incumbent will use compassion and empathy to earn patients’ and caregivers’ trust, persistence to support and advocate for them, and excellent communication skills to build impactful relationships.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 1985 Marcus Ave suite 110, New Hyde Park, NY 11042.
- Conduct home visits and/or phone or video calls to patients to collect clinical and psychosocial information, and carry out designated tasks, including but not limited to:
- Resource referral and connection
- Quality measure documentation, support, and follow up
- Telemedicine facilitation and set up
- Collect information regarding patient conditions using standardized checklists and templates
- Partner with Landmark interdisciplinary team (providers, nurses, social workers, etc.) to drive improvement in patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Actively participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in any of the followings job categories: Social Worker; Home Health Aide; Certified Nursing Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant; Medication Aide; Health Coach; Health Navigator; Healthcare Technician. Candidates with experience similar to those listed here are encouraged to apply as well
- Comfort with conducting independent home visits
- Knowledge and proficiency of basic Word, Outlook and Excel applications
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Geriatric or primary care experience, or experience in institutional settings of care such as long-term care/skilled nursing facilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Superb written and oral communication skills, and comfort level with technology
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car
- Initial high frequency visits to patient residences followed by as needed visits during market implementations
- Will require regular travel to patient residences and non-home-based market offices
- Noise level is usually moderate
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED