Director Network Contracting - Remote (w/in Northeast Region)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There's never been a time that was more right for people who want to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas, and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. This is the time and the opportunity that can bring your impact to a whole new level. As a leader within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through strategy development and execution, contract negotiation, financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located in Northeast Region areas, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Develop and implement network strategies for the upstate New York market
- Negotiate contracts with health systems and provider groups with a focus on unit cost competitiveness and affordability to support total cost of care and line of business objectives
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Lead the development of new concepts, technologies, and products to meet emerging customer requirements
- Direct cross-functional and/or industry-wide teams with segment-wide and/or enterprise-wide impact
- Influence senior management decisions that impact business direction
Your leadership skills and drive to get things accomplished will be key to your success in this role. The end goal is to produce an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners within the upstate New York market, so you will need to be able to lead us forward and help us develop provider networks with Accountable Care Organizations yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ of experience with provider contracting and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 5+ years of experience focused on facility reimbursement and contract negotiations
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership role within the health care industry
- Experience in managing direct reports in a leadership role
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, and other provider payment methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of, and work experience with, the upstate New York facility, physician, and ancillary provider communities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Post graduate degree
- 8+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- Knowledge of new product development and pricing
- Knowledge of value-based care arrangements
- Ability to develop and implement programs and projects in a strategic and professional manner
- Solid ability to communicate effectively and efficiently (both verbal and written) within UHC and externally
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.