Network Pricing Consultant - Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Provider networks across the health care system are becoming more efficient and effective everyday thanks to companies like UnitedHealth Group and people like you. Here's an opportunity to put your expertise to work in new ways as you help strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this consultative role, you'll ensure that healthcare contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You'll be expected to help accurately and effectively price the network. It's challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract to properly utilize resources, build the data and price the network accurately.
Supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Conducts unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Manages unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Support and validate provider network contracting and unit cost management
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Review work performed by others and recommended improvements
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel (macros, v-lookups, formulas)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Access
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.