Healthcare Economics Consultant - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Healthcare Economics Consultant in the OptumHealth Healthcare Economics & Actuarial Project Analytics organization, you will perform critical research and data analytics to measure the value of Optum’s products and drive product effectiveness. Your role will include researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative analyses of healthcare utilization and medical cost data associated with home and community-based care capabilities. You will gather business requirements, create analytic datasets, analyze data, and communicate findings. You’ll work closely with business leaders and other team members to develop innovative analytic solutions to help Optum fulfill its mission
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather detailed business requirements to inform analytic project specifications for Optum’s Home and Community programs
- Collect and understand historical health care data
- Create analytic datasets, including data extraction, data cleaning and thorough quality assurance checks
- Document detailed project data requirements and analytic decisions
- Conduct descriptive analyses in support of trend identification, program performance indicators, validation, and measurement of program initiatives
- Gain knowledge of advanced analytic methods used by team to determine effectiveness of clinical programs
- Contribute to solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions
- Provide ongoing communications on project status, data discrepancies, preliminary results, and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Healthcare Informatics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience extracting, aggregating, and performing quality checks on healthcare data from multiple sources and disparate data tables
- 3+ years of experience programming/coding in SAS or R to access relational databases, aggregate and analyze healthcare data
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Knowledge of program evaluation methods and statistical techniques
- Proficient with MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, macros etc.), Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in health care research and analytics working with Medicare/Medicaid data or other healthcare data
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.