Senior Healthcare Economic Consultant - Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Senior Healthcare Economic Consultant, you will support value based contracting arrangements (i.e. Shared Savings, Risk Models, Accountable Care Organizations). This position will conduct analysis using large sets of utilization and cost data in support of on-going medical/cost trend identification. Meet and engage with internal and external partners to effectively communicate these findings and invoke action and track progress with our providers.
The position within HCE Network Pricing will interact frequently with United Health Networks, United Clinical Services, HCE Medical Informatics, Healthcare Providers, and others to support the analytic needs for executed agreements and negotiations in the Central Region.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform data analytics to interpret and analyze financial and clinical data in support of affordability, trend, and utilization analyses
- Develop knowledge of internal systems and databases to provide claims, provider, and membership data in support of ad-hoc analyses
- Research, investigate, and evaluate key business problems through quantitative analyses of healthcare utilization and cost data
- Pioneer and promote idea generation in support of ACO contract models, healthcare cost reduction strategies, and emerging industry trends
- Presentation of quarterly and annual financial performance and other work product to internal and external customers, acting as a resource to Senior Leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 3+ years of proficiency in financial and/or clinical healthcare analytics with knowledge of medical claims detail
- MS Excel experience including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, pivot functions
- Experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate financial impacts
- Experience with UHC claims and financial data warehouses (ex. UGAP, Galaxy, UDW, Fin360)
- Experience with medical cost or healthcare financial analytics with population health programs, value-based care or in Accountable Care Organizations
- Experience with business intelligence platforms to automate manual analytics processing (ex. Tableau or Power BI)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SAS or SQL
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.