Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.
We are searching for a healthcare economics consultant to join our experienced team. This creative role offers an excellent opportunity to directly impact an innovative function and secure your future with an industry leader. This role sits within a functional support team that works supporting strategy and growth health plan efforts to provide optimal, affordable care for our members. This position will provide analytic support and consultation to local market health plans as well as national leaders related to the modeling, analysis, and administration of healthcare expenditures and revenues.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and present claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of healthcare analyses
- Lead data-driven efforts to ultimately deliver competitive RFP responses with a growth mindset
- Advance innovation in the enterprise through proactive data insights and external research
- Quickly understand and run with vague ad hoc analytical requests from internal organizational leaders and deliver the information in a concise, meaningful way
- Deploy best-in-class analytical strategies for evaluating the efficacy of targeted clinical interventions/programs
- Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements in collaboration with the local healthplan, national leadership team, and key functional (clinical, strategy, growth, actuarial, and finance) leaders
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Analyze, improve, and communicate reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Communicate with impact on statistical findings and conclusions
- Company thought leader
- Functional area SME
- Resource to senior leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in an analytics capacity and evidence of creative, proactive problem solving
- Experience in the healthcare insurance industry preferably with exposure to Medical claims data
- Beginner to intermediate level proficiency with SQL, SAS, R and/or other statistical programs
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Medicaid experience
- Intermediate skills/knowledge of query tools, database platforms, data mapping/ETL, system platforms and software packages platforms
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.