Associate Director, Healthcare Economics - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As an Associate Director of Healthcare Economics in the OptumHealth Healthcare Economics & Actuarial Product Analytics organization, you will perform critical research and data analytics to measure the value of Optum’s products and drive product effectiveness. You will conduct quantitative analyses of healthcare utilization and medical cost data associated with post-acute care management services and work closely with stakeholders to develop innovative analytic solutions to achieve business objectives. With your advanced analytic skills, you will help the team develop study methods, recommend statistical techniques, build and test models, interpret findings and contribute to thought leadership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead projects from conceptualization to completion
- Collaborate with other researchers on the team to execute the analytic roadmap
- Identify and deploy appropriate advanced analytic and statistical techniques to solve business problems and overcome measurement challenges with minimal oversight
- Use real-world data to identify areas of opportunity to enhance performance of programs
- Develop conclusions and recommendations for next steps based on analytic findings
- Build solid relationships with product leaders in Optum and UnitedHealth Group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Services Research, Health Administration, Healthcare Informatics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in health care research, public health research or health-related research analytics working with various data sources and large data sets
- Experience with presentations and professional communication style (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in statistical modeling, evaluation methods and statistical techniques
- Advanced proficiency with SAS programming
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, health services research, statistics, economics, or related field
- Excellent time/project management and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and the ability to proactively develop methods and approaches to analysis
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, and independence to excel in a fast-paced matrix-style environment, manage multiple priorities, and pivot priorities as business needs shift
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.