Vice President, Business Development - Federal Healthcare - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. High preference for Greater DC area
- Business development activity including prospecting, qualification, value demonstration, and opportunity closure
- Spearheads the sales process by developing leads into qualified opportunities
- Functions within an enterprise sales model and works very closely with the account team (solution sales, consulting, professional services) to pursue new opportunities and manage current business relationships
- This position will also focus on the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and Veterans Administration (VA) sales
- Assume responsibility and accountability for assigned annual sales revenue goals
- Maintain a robust, qualified new business pipeline with DHA / VA opportunities
- Demonstrate consistent activity disciplines to maximize new business development and assure perpetual pipeline growth
- Display exceptional strategic selling skills including discovery, ROI development and presentation, sales cycle maintenance, tactical planning and closing
- Maximize the strategic plans of accounts within the full breadth of company solutions and services
- Demonstrate value - added solutions using a professional consultative selling approach
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and organizational skills in coordinating the sales cycle
- Manage the sales cycle through the use of weekly pipeline and account reviews to include all stakeholders
- Establish, build and maintain positive, professional relationships and interaction at all decision levels
- Maintain a highly credible and professional profile within the industry
- Demonstrate and maintain a deep proficiency and expert knowledge level of all existing and new company capabilities
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events as appropriate
- Communicate issues, concerns and problems in a solution oriented manner
- Provide intelligence to the organization on competitive activity
- Provide management with timely reporting as required and requested
- Clearly demonstrate problem - solving capacity and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Be a positive force and a 'team leader'
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of sales opportunity information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of selling Federal Healthcare solutions to either the Veterans Administration (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), Military Health System, and/or Health and Human Services (HHS)/ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS)
- Experience working with large federal deals and annual sales targets at a minimum between $25MM to 50MM annually
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on C - Suite and senior buyers in the Federal payer market
- Demonstrable sales success using a consultative sales approach
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $90,000 to $175,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,000 to $175,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.