Associate Director Healthcare Economics - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for providing leadership within a population health team. The team is responsible for developing, producing, and distributing identification and stratification tools to the health care delivery teams within the Optum Health. Manages execution and drives operational excellence. Owns end-to-end processes. Provides data to produce and improve population health and healthcare economic analysis. Daily responsibilities include developing project scope, conclusions and recommendations; working with clinical and operational teams to drive performance; meeting departmental turnaround times; and ensuring accurate and timely completion of deliverables. Additional responsibilities involve strategic trend identification, issue resolution and technical solutions related to data, and supporting data flow and algorithm development.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops and manages processes to support identification and stratification tools which are used to align care more effectively
- Develops full understanding of Population Health Analytics programs and goals
- Understanding and translating business requirements and processes to data requirements and flexible data models
- Understanding the value of data catalogues and how best to integrate with data models
- Defining data dictionaries, business glossaries, Data flow and ER diagrams
- Identifies and implements appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies
- Works with clinical, operational, and technical teams to identify and prioritize the development of data domains for analysts and other end users.
- Leverages and coordinates enterprise-wide capabilities to meet business specific needs
- Participates in the planning, development, and deployment of business strategy
- Communicates results to relevant audiences and incorporates results into forecasting process and reporting
- Works with internal teams (e.g. HCE, DS, IT) to develop POC solutions and partners to translate results into the production environment
- Researches and investigates key business problems through quantitative analyses of healthcare data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Leads initiatives in support of operations, project work, and innovative/exploratory analyses
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for supporting the performance of the HCE team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Health Administration, Mathematics or related field, or Bachelor’s degree in relevant feel with 8+ years of healthcare experience
- 7+ years of experience in health care analytics
- 5+ years of experience with EMR or other non-administrative data sets
- 5+ years of experience working on data modeling in multiple database storage concepts (data lake, relational databases, NoSQL, Graph, data warehousing, S3 buckets, Snowflake etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile processes and principles, including SDLC and CI/CD
- Understanding of Cloud Concepts, preferably on Azure
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SQL, DataStage/Informatica, and data modeling tools
- Design of conceptual, logical, and physical Data models
- Ability to work with and manage large amounts of data
- Solid facilitation, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to present to Sr. leadership audiences
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.