Associate Director, Healthcare Economics - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Associate Director of Healthcare Economics in Optum’s Product Analytics organization, you will perform critical research and data analytics examining prevention, advocacy and healthcare decision support products. Your role will include developing study methods, analyzing complex data with advanced statistical and visual techniques, interpreting and presenting findings, and managing a small team of analysts. You’ll work closely with business leaders and other researchers on the team to provide analytics that demonstrate value or opportunities for improvement for advancing the health of our membership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with other researchers and product leaders to execute the analytic roadmap
- Identify and deploy appropriate analytic and statistical techniques to solve complex business problems and overcome measurement challenges with minimal oversight
- Develop and manage large analytic datasets, including data extraction, cleaning, and documentation of project requirements
- Identify, recommend, and deploy appropriate analytic and statistical techniques to solve complex business problems and overcome measurement challenges
- Lead projects from conceptualization to completion
- Analyze complex data by applying various statistical and visual techniques to evaluate product performance
- Interpret study findings and present study designs, methodologies, and findings to internal customers
- Build statistical and machine learning models to model outcomes and improve product performance
- Manage multiple shifting priorities and meet non-negotiable deadlines
- Build solid relationships with product leaders in Optum and UnitedHealth Group
- Manage and develop a team of researchers and data analysts by leading projects from conceptualization to completion
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, public health, health services research, economics, data science, or related field from an accredited institution
- 4+ years of experience in health care research and analytics, including extracting, loading, and working with various health care data sources including large medical claims data sets
- 2+ years of advanced level of proficiency with SAS programming or advanced proficiency with Python/R and experience with SAS
- 1+ years of experience in statistical modeling, evaluation methods (including propensity matching/weighting and retrospective cohort design) and statistical techniques such as logistic regression, predictive models, multivariate analysis, and linear models
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel, including advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc. or advanced proficiency in Tableau
- Experience leading a team or managing team members
- Excellent presentation skills and professional communication style (verbal and written)
- Excellent time/project management and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and the ability to proactively develop methods and approaches to analysis
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative to excel in a fast-paced environment and pivot priorities as business needs shift
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.