Healthcare Economic Consultant - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located witihin PST or MST, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct analyses and reporting designed to inform and produce recommendations
- Write SQL queries, create end-user reports, and apply varying analytical techniques to solve specific business problems
- Extracts, aggregates and QAs applicable data for measurement purposes
- Identify, monitors, and analyzes principal health care cost drivers, by market segment and/or by provider, including utilization, referral patterns, and reimbursement rates
- Structure analytical results in an organized, visual manner to tell a meaningful, actionable story
- Display and interpret data using visualization tools
- Develop comprehensive understanding of programs being measured
- Apply strong critical thinking skills to anticipate questions from key stakeholders and consider all aspects of an analysis before completion
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience or proven ability working as a consultant in the healthcare industry with medical claims, membership, and provider data
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Expertise in MS Excel, with proficiency using formulas, PivotTables, linked worksheets, graphing and other reporting and presentation features
- Experience in data mining, statistical analysis, and data transformation / manipulation
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and apply investigative skills in resolving issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to changes in both technology and business environments
- Ability to produce clear, written progress notes and supporting documentation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware) between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer (or similar hardware) within a standard period of time
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to 118,300. The Salary range for Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.