Senior Healthcare Researcher - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Healthcare Researcher in OptumCare Advanced Analytics group, you will perform critical research and data analytics that measure the value of OptumCare’ s programs and drive program effectiveness. Your role will include developing study methods, analyzing complex data with statistical and visual techniques, building predictive models, and interpreting and presenting findings. You’ll work closely with business leaders and other researchers in the team to develop innovative analytic solutions to help Optum fulfill its mission.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and apply retrospective statistical methods to evaluate clinical program effectiveness, including but not limited to CM/DM, social support, and other innovative pilot programs.
- Identify and deploy appropriate analytic techniques to solve complex business problems
- Perform analytic dataset creation, statistical modeling, and summarize results
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business needs, explain methods, and interpret findings
- Manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Social Sciences, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics using large medical claims data sets
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL queries with intermediate level proficiency
- 3+ years of experience using statistical methods in data science modeling or in statistical studies (linear regression, logistic regression, retrospective models etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in SAS; experience with R, Python, or similar statistical programs helpful
- PhD in Statistics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Social Sciences, or related field
- Medicaid, Medicare, or commercial health insurance experience
- Experience in visualizing data
- Proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.