Healthcare Collections Associate - RCM - Muntinlupa City, NCR
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
It takes a special person to be effective in stressful situations. In fact, it takes a gifted, diplomatic and persistent person who can see past the challenge to a successful outcome. If that's you, get with us because this role at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is all about special. You'll consult directly with our customers who have outstanding medical bills to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. It's an important role and it will take all of your skills. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries/issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Use mail, email and phones to contact customers to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtain agreement on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Prepare and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed/planned payment settlement details
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
This is a challenging role that requires providing best in class service to our customers during their times of difficulty. It's a fast paced environment that requires focus and ability to multi-task throughout the day. This is a 40 hour, full time role working flexible shifts, sometimes including evenings or Saturdays. We require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
- An education level of at least college undergrad for 2 years
- Experience working on Provider side (hospital side)
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Familiar with UB Claims and has knowledge in UB04 forms
- Solid background on medical billing/ AR Collections at least 12 months
- Background in calling insurance (Payer) to verify claim status and payment dispute
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to multi-task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.