Senior Associate, Network Development
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The primary focus of the Senior Associate of Network Development is to engage provider groups, build relationships and execute agreements with non-employed providers joining our IPA. This position will collaborate in developing a network contracting strategy, articulate plan and negotiate agreements with provider groups. This role will work with a multi-disciplinary team of clinical and business stakeholders across all core value-based care capabilities: Care Management, Quality measure performance, HCC/Risk Adjustment, Provider Engagement/Change Management, Population Health Analytics and reporting and EMR/data integration. The position requires strong project management skills, excellent presentation skills and experience negotiating Medicare fee-for-service and value-based agreements. Competencies most critical for this role include: public speaking, partnering collaboratively, critical thinking, taking initiative, and demonstrating adaptability. This “hands-on” operations role offers significant professional growth and the opportunity to support a highly innovative network build, building our IPA network into full capitated risk arrangements.
- Engage and contract provider groups to join CMMs IPA
- Create strong relationships with potential IPA Participants to build and grow IPA
- Facilitates external leadership meetings to drive strategic alignment and execution of network goals
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and coordinates explanation of analytics and reporting deliverables
- Assists hand-off to operational team for implementation of population health infrastructure and core programs by working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team (IT, Clinical Operations, Quality, Risk Adjustment, Population Health Analytics and Provider Engagement)
- Identifies and problem solves the day-to-day needs of IPA network participants/providers and appropriately triages needs across CareMount multi-disciplinary team
- Develops network monitoring infrastructure in collaboration with Analytics for ongoing contracting needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration, or related field
- 1+ years of fee-for-service/ACO/value-based care contracting or managed care experience at an integrated delivery system, population health services company or health insurance plan
- Understanding of healthcare value-based concepts, Medicare payment methodology, rates, and fee for service reimbursement methodologies across various specialties and facilities
- Experience in external facing contract negotiation & Medicare Advantage network build
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills with the ability to engage external audiences and build credibility and trust
- Ability to develop and present contextually rich and visually compelling presentations to clearly communicate complex concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic understanding of financial pro formas and P&L development
- MBA or Masters
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to multitask across projects in a variety of subject matter areas and manage up to ensure milestones are met
- Collaborative style with ability to successfully activate team members and senior leadership to support IPA participant operational execution
- Self-starter with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, able to work with minimal supervision
- Models concepts of continual learning and willingness to be a thought partner with other members of the Population Health team
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.