Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses.
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
If you are located in eastern standard time zone areas, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Role will support Providers and Clients in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
- Interpret and analyze claims, capitation and membership data, and recommend best approaches in support of underwriting, actuarial and utilization analyses
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reporting
- Quickly understand and run with vague ad hoc analytical requests from internal organizational leaders and deliver the information in a concise, meaningful way
- Performs complex data validation and conceptual analyses
- Analyze and interpret reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Provide management with statistical findings, explanations, and conclusions
- Reviews data extraction and analytical projects of other analysts on the team
- Serves as a company thought leader on innovative analytical approaches
- Functional area SME
- Resource to senior leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Actuarial Math, Statistics, Economics, or a related analytical field
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics capacity and evidence of creative, proactive problem solving
- Experience in the healthcare insurance industry preferably with previous exposure to medical claims data
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel including Pivot Tables, Charts and complex functions
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SQL or SAS
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Connecticut, New York, or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Connecticut, New York, or Rhode Island residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.