Network Operation Center Analyst
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The IT Infrastructure Network Monitoring Specialist is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the stability, performance, and security of the organization's network infrastructure. This includes overseeing the operation of network monitoring tools, analyzing network traffic, identifying issues or anomalies, and initiating appropriate actions to maintain optimal network performance.
- Monitor network devices, servers, applications, and other critical infrastructure components using network monitoring tools
- Identify and troubleshoot network issues in real-time, ensuring prompt resolution to minimize downtime
- Perform routine checks and preventive maintenance tasks to ensure optimal performance of network devices
- Analyze network traffic patterns, system logs, and alerts to proactively identify potential issues or security threats
- Escalate incidents to appropriate teams or vendors for further investigation and resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure effective communication and coordination during incident response
- Document incidents, problems, resolutions, and knowledge base articles for future reference
- Continuously improve monitoring processes by identifying areas for automation or optimization
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in NOC monitoring
- Participates in On Call Rotation 24/7
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Any degree with 2-5 years of experience
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Auvik & New Relic
- Solid technical knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), routing/switching technologies (Cisco), firewall technologies (Cisco ASA/Fortinet), load balancers (F5), WAN optimization (Riverbed), etc.
- Familiarity with incident management systems (e.g., ServiceNow)
- Proven excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex issues quickly and effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Proven exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Proven team player mentality with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.