Senior Experience Designer-Health Equity-Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
Enjoy this video with our Chief Design Officer, Dan Makoski … Compassion by Design
The Health Equity Design Studio brings together the best of strategic design, systems thinking and applied social sciences to devise effective interventions that improves the health outcomes of those most marginalized, at-risk, and underserved, specific to UnitedHealthcare Community & State line of business. We believe that centering the lived experiences of all people within the health ecosystem - patients, caregivers, medical practitioners, patient advocates, community, and government partners - allows us to ideate, co-create and solve for unmet needs. We address emerging and complex problems for underlying root causes, challenge internal biases/behaviors and enable better experiences that deliver positive impact by design – connecting people to critical resources in communities to access the care they need, when they need it.
If you believe in the power of design to breaking down systemic barriers to health, to closing gaps in care, to embedding equity into enterprise-wide strategic programs, we are interested. If you can imagine and create a better future of equal value to all people as part of a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, we need you!
As a core team member of the Health Equity Design Studio, the Senior Experience Designer will proactively solve for, develop, and deliver human experiences that are simple, intuitive, and cohesive across physical and digital channels.
Regardless of sectoral or industry experiences, if you believe you are the right fit for this role – please apply!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. All States other than AK or HI.
- Experience Design: A human-centered designer who takes a beginner’s mindset to uncover unmet needs and behaviors for powerful experiences deeply rooted in empathy, values, social and cultural phenomena, in context
- Design Research: Plans and conducts user research to understand how people interact/use products and services to address the whole experience, documents and communicates findings clearly and concisely
- Experience Definition: Analyzes root causes addressing social determinants of health, synthesizes data, and defines design principles, insights and opportunities that identify and close experience gaps as necessary
- Co-creation: Collaborates closely with technology, product, operations, digital and business stakeholders to co-create bold ideas/concepts and generates key buy-in to bring solutions to life
- Prototype and Test: Builds low/high-fidelity prototypes for digital products and services addressing how material experiences are and will be implemented differently across physical and digital interfaces, defines user/business requirements, tests and refines prototypes that validate key assumptions and capabilities as required
- Design Support: Facilitates workshops and synthesizes experience workflows across multiple teams to interpret analytics, voice of the customer, market feedback, site rankings and any other relevant collateral as needed
- Storytelling: Drives UX/UI design consistency for human stories across channels including but not limited to inclusive design systems, illustrations, visual communications etc. and authorizes deviations from standards
- Design Outputs: Creates experience-focused journey maps, UX/UI storyboards and prototypes, sketches, diagrams, site maps, wireframes, click models, personas, workflows, dashboards, use case scenarios and varying levels of MVP design, launch, and learn deliverables for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Design Impact: Provides strategic and tactical recommendations to UX/UI practice within projects and across studios, and measures results/outcomes for human experiences that support scale for implementation now and into the future
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of applying human-centered design process to uncover actionable insights, ideas and opportunities on how/why people interact with the products, services, and experiences we design, as they do
- 5+ years of designing and delivering digital experiences and interactions for Web/Mobile based technologies
- 5+ years of building experiences using agile and iteratively testing for user feedback, wireframing, mapping information architecture and evaluating design criteria/outcomes for continuous improvements within diverse teams
- 5+ years incorporating data (research, NPS, Voice of the customer) to drive design decisions and develop design outputs
- 5+ years of working in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Axure - Portfolio. Please include link at top of resume with any required passcode
- 3+ years of experience in developing and executing design-led research - recruits, interviews, screeners, synthesis etc.
- 3+ years of embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into design projects or making experiences accessible to all people
- Academic background in Design, Product, Engineering, or progressive experience to have equivalent knowledge
- Experience and proven ability to work across a matrixed multi-tiered organization and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Solid knowledge and understanding of agile product development and front-end development
- Proven track record of driving change in a large, complex matrixed environment even amid ambiguous circumstances - designing for omni and/or cross-channel experiences
- Exemplary oral, visual, and written communication skills, including exceptional consultative capabilities
- Proactive and biased toward action while improving processes and optimizing operations
Total Compensation. As part of your total compensation package, which includes base, bonus opportunity, PTO and holiday pay, you will also receive these benefits at these rates, not to mention a remote work opportunity and healthy work/life balance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.