Behavioral Health Case Manager - In Home Green Bay
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The United Healthcare at Home program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in their place of residence. The DSNP program combines UHC trained clinicians providing intensive interventions customized to the needs of each individual, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team. United providers serve patients’ in their own homes through annual comprehensive assessments, ongoing visits for higher risk members, care coordination during transitions from the hospital or nursing home and ongoing care management. The program’s interdisciplinary care team approach provides needed care in person and through telephonic interventions in collaboration with the members Primary Care Provider and other members of the interdisciplinary care team.
The Behavioral Health Case Manager is responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse services. The case management includes authorization, concurrent review, and coordination and assurance of appropriate levels of care to members. This position provides case management services through review and evaluation of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatments for medical necessity, emergency status, and quality of care.
$7,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS for EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
- Make patient assessments in home setting and determining appropriate levels of behavioral care needed
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage behavioral health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team
- Assist in coordinating Medicaid/Medicare benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Communicate with members who have complex medical needs and may have communication barriers
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Focus on whole person care model for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Build relationships and work with a variety of populations within the community
- Ability to work with low - income populations with complex social and medical needs including adults with serious mental illness and emotional disturbances, members with substance use disorders, and members with other complex or multiple chronic conditions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’ Degree in Social Work
- 2+ years of experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- 1+ years of clinical or case management experienceor
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field based work experience
- Experience in Crisis Intervention
- Experience working in Duals (DSNP) and/or Medicaid environment
- Experience working with complex family systems and dynamics
- Knowledge of resources to address SDOH
- Knowledge of both Medical and Behavioral Health Diagnosis and terminology
- knowledge of symptom identification and intervention, associated with Behavioral Health and Substance Use disorders
- Knowledge of APS reporting processes
- Understanding of health disparities among various membership, based on their race or ethnicity; religion; socioeconomic status; sexual orientation; gender, gender identity; age; mental health; cognitive, sensory or physical disability; geographic location or other characteristics historically linked to discrimination and exclusion
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.