Sr Health Economics Researcher - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
A UnitedHealth Group company, Optum unites the brightest minds to transform organizations and improve health care through information and technology. We serve a diverse customer base within the health care community, including health care payers, providers, employers, pharmaceutical companies, consumers, workers' compensation and auto liability insurers, and government agencies.
Optum Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is a leading provider of health economics and outcomes research and consulting to help clients realize the full potential of their brands. As an international organization that counts among its clients most of the top 20 biopharmaceutical companies in the world, Optum HEOR has a world-class reputation in consulting, econometrics, and outcomes research. We are seeking high-energy, driven scientists who thrive in a fast-paced environment and who have a talent for communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences. We offer access to some of the largest secondary data assets available for outcomes research and the resources of our parent company to drive unique data and research opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Eden Prairie, MN preferred.
- Provide scientific leadership and project management on multiple outcomes research and health economic studies
- Stay abreast of and implement cutting edge techniques in outcomes research methodology
- Lead research teams
- Design research studies
- Conduct or oversee study analyses
- Interpret and communicate research findings to diverse audiences
- Disseminate study results via manuscripts, reports, and conference presentations
- Manage client relationships
- Oversee internal project teams and manage study budgets and timelines
- Mentor and train new research staff as needed
- Conduct business development activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A master's or doctoral degree in health services research (HSR), economics, health economics, public health, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, PharmD or MD
- 3+ years of research experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health economics or health outcomes research OR 5+ years data driven research experience in another field
- 3+ years of economics and outcomes research
- 3+ years of project management experience and demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a research study from design development to completion
- Demonstrated experience in project management of teams across multiple functional areas
- Record of publication
- A doctoral degree in health services research (HSR), economics, health economics, public health, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, PharmD or MD
- Experience conducting health economic and outcome studies in the respiratory disease therapeutic area
- Experience with secondary data assets, administrative claims databases or electronic medical record data
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Thrives in fast-paced environment, working with other intelligent, highly-educated researchers
- Most importantly, leaders must have passion, dedication and energy, commitment to high standards and core values, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid interpersonal savvy and the ability to build relationships both internally and with Customers
- Curious mind and be internally motivated to achieve excellence. We are seeking smart people who thrive on helping customers solve complex challenges
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.