VP, Health Plan Growth
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the leader of naviHealth’s health plan business development team, you’ll play a critical role in leading all aspects of the organization’s growth strategy with prospective and current health plan clients including vision, strategy, process, management, pricing and contracting. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the health plan market and proven success in management and execution of growth, strategic partnerships, sales, and deal execution.
- Become an expert in naviHealth’s technologies and solutions, and use this knowledge to inform business development efforts
- Develop long-term relationships with prospects and clients built on credibility, trust, and deep understanding of health plans’ strategic priorities and focus areas
- Lead all aspects of growth for our health plan line of business, including:
- Driving solution-specific sales strategy: sales process, pipeline management, customer segmentation, pricing, contracting, and execution
- Understanding naviHealth’s dynamic marketplace and evolving, innovative portfolio of solutions
- Generating leads, coordinating, and leading sales meetings with prospects
- Coordinating technology demonstrations and clinical model reviews with prospects
- Executing complex, enterprise solution sales
- Collaborate with various departments with naviHealth to execute deals and drive growth, including Analytics, Clinical, Operations, etc.
- Partner with business development support team to execute necessary deliverables including development of PowerPoint presentations, sales materials, and Excel models to support sales efforts
- Attend industry conferences, manage network of health plan contacts, and publicly represent naviHealth to the health plan industry
- Understand competitive landscape and key market dynamics, informing sales approach and strategy around emerging trends
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field
- 6+ years of experience in sales, business development, corporate development, strategy, or similar roles
- Strong executive presence, excellent people management and influencing skills
- Experience creating professional and compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to review and understand financial models
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adapt to change, and work well under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance COVID-19 Vaccine
- Graduate degree
- Experience working for a top-tier consulting firm or high-growth healthcare services or technology company
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: vice president, VP, business development, Brentwood, TN