Senior Occupational Health and Safety Analyst - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
*** Schedule: Monday through Friday - 8:00AM - 5:00PM CST ***
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable occupational health regulatory requirements (local, state, OSHA, HIPPA, CDC, JCAHO, CMS, etc.)
- Identify relevant internal policies and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure compliance with clinical guidelines
- Demonstrate understanding of business implications of clinical decisions to determine appropriate steps in a situation
- Demonstrate knowledge of audit processes / procedures
- Educate others regarding guidelines, criteria, and procedures
- Facilitate and lead audits to ensure employees are compliant with occupational health regulatory requirements (local, state, OSHA, HIPPA, CDC, JCAHO, CMS, etc.)
- Respond to enterprise employee occupational health questions via email or call
- Field incoming inquiries and respond to reports of exposure risks at United Health Group locations
- Obtain information from appropriate stakeholders (employee, clinicians, internal staff)
- Interact with local DOH to report exposures as appropriate
- Utilize data findings to provide recommendations to leadership
- Review and interpret occupational health policies to ensure current and future processes meet occupational health regulatory requirements (local, state, OSHA, HIPPA, CDC, JCAHO, CMS, etc.)
- Leverage technology including on-line resources or other internal systems to research information, understand/define information provided, and document information
- Identify information and records that are needed based on the situation and request or find information
- Support leadership and businesses through internal and external audits
- Identify and implement innovative approaches to achieve or enhance quality outcomes and financial performance
- Prioritize work based on business algorithms and established work processes, or in their absence, identify business priorities and build consensus to triage and deliver work
- Support team and cross team projects, work efforts as directed
- Support system or tool implementations and changes, or process changes as directed including but not limited to participation of process documentation, UAT, quality, and validation work
- Assist with reporting duties including but not limited to data definitions, data quality review, production of reports, distribution of reports, and other responsibilities related to reporting activities as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associate Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Occupational or Public Health or related field
- Knowledge/experience performing audits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Nursing Degree or Science Degree or Epidemiology Experience
- 3+ years of experience within a matrix organization, healthcare operations or insurance company
- Advanced Experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vLookup, filtering, sorting, creating/editing spreadsheets, graphs, charts)
- Clinical background
- Ability to lead others and provide constructive feedback and support
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.