Senior Health Policy Manager - Telecommute
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumServe Consulting/The Lewin Group (OSC/Lewin), a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm, brings 50 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
In the wide-ranging field of health human services consulting, OSC/Lewin provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Currently, OSC/Lewin has more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a solid commitment to OSC/Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision, and dedication to client satisfaction.
At OSC/Lewin, we help federal decision-makers strengthen health and human services programs, make informed policy choices, and implement critical initiatives. OSC/Lewin also works with foundations and associations to research and evaluate complex health care and human services needs. By delivering objective, data-driven research, program planning and development, technical assistance, implementation, post-implementation analytics, and evaluations, OSC/Lewin supports current program activities, informs future program investments and supports strategic decision processes that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
The Senior Health Policy Manager will provide support on a number of projects including program design, implementation, evaluations, policy analysis etc. In collaboration with current staff across the organization, the Senior Health Policy Manager will work to provide unparalleled client service, produce the highest quality deliverables, and innovate across the market. From a relationship and business growth perspective, s/he will support the development of new client relationships, attaining new contracts, and broadening the firm’s work.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage, develop, cultivate and expand new and existing client relationships through policy consultation and thought leadership
- Lead/direct project delivery teams responsible for day-to-day project execution
- Independently manage qualitative and quantitative research/analysis to inform the design, implementation, and evaluation of Medicare and Medicaid policy
- Mentor other staff to develop their technical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Maintain a consistently high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a member of a project team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in health services research, public health, policy, epidemiology, economics, statistics, or related field
- 7+ years of Senior health policy industry experience in healthcare consulting, implementation, delivery, research, quality improvement, evaluation, and/or policy expertise, including solid data, analytic, and quantitative skills
- Experience analyzing large administrative healthcare data, including claims and payment data
- Broad understanding of federal health policy issues, with ability to work in multiple areas serving as a subject matter expert
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex findings to non-technical audiences
- Proven to be highly motivated, with demonstrated success leading cross-functional project teams
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience leading policy analysis/implementation contracts, preferably for federal programs, including those at CMS
- Experience leading capture and proposal development activities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment