Part-Time Community Health Worker - Grand County, CO or Jackson County, CO - $2000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement.
The primary role of the Family Support Partner is to provide emotional support to youth and caregivers, instill hope, and help families build natural supports. Support partners ensure the youth and family’s voice is heard, and they help youth and families develop their ability to advocate for themselves. This is a High Fidelity Wrap around program that supports youth that are at risk for out of home placement. Preferred that one has lived experience caring for a child with serious behavioral health challenges and system involvement.
This position is Part-Time. The CHW will work part-time hours (25-30 hrs.) weekly, between the hours of 8:00AM-5:00PM. Shifts will vary each week based on member needs; however, we will work with your availability as much as possible to determine the best schedule. This position is a field-based position with a home-based office. You will work from home when not in the field. This role will support Grand County, CO and Jackson County, CO.
- Provide intensive direct support for families
- Partner with and support the wraparound facilitator to do wraparound with the family, ensuring the wraparound is working for the family by individualizing the process to fit the family’s strengths and culture. The FSP also ensures that the family (parents and youth) are being heard through their voice and choice
- Provide direct support for some families to help them implement their action steps on the plans. FSPs utilize a self-empowerment model, “do for, do with, and cheer on!” with families
- Connect families with other families with similar challenges and other community resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Reside in Grand County, CO or Jackson County, CO
- Available to work Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas that provides information privacy
- Reside in a location that can receive a high-speed internet connection (additional information on UnitedHealth Group approved internet providers and restrictions will be provided)
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Ability to travel locally, up to 100 miles round trip and up to 75% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health-related field
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant
- CHW Accreditation
- 2+ years of experience working with youth who have serious behavioral health challenges
- Care management experience
- Field based experience
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Reside within the local community for 2+ years
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.