Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Provider Performance is an integrated team serving all Optum businesses. We're focused on improving the health of our members, enhancing our operational effectiveness and reinforcing brand and reputation for high - quality health plans. Join us and help guide our efforts to improve the patient experience. It takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
This position is based out of the employee’s home but will be required to travel throughout Western Tennessee. 75% travel is expected.
This role is eliglbe for a $3,000 Sign On Bonus.
If you located in Western Tennessee, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Complete clinical audits and record reviews of behavioral health and substance use disorder providers in the State of Tennessee
- Provide education and support to providers regarding operational and treatment record documentation standards
- Conduct quality of care investigations of behavioral health and substance use disorder providers
- Provide analytical support and expertise when compiling report information
- Develop and implement effective analysis, research and evaluation in preparation for clinical monitoring audits activities
- Assume responsibility for inter - rater reliability of clinical audit activities
- Extract appropriate data from SQL or Oracle environments
- Participate in departmental meetings and activities
- Travel 75% of work month, including some overnight travel
- Licensed Master's Degree, in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling
- Active, unrestricted, independent mental health licensure (i.e., LCSW, LMFT, LPC or LP) in Tennessee
- 3+ years post licensure experience in behavioral health setting
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet) with the ability to navigate a Windows environment, including create, edit, save, and send documents using Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present data
- Must reside in Western Tennessee
- Ability travel up to 75% of the month (flexible schedule), including overnights, to client and/or patient sites within Western Tennessee
- Access to high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with conducting clinical audits of behavioral health/substance use disorder treatment records
- Experience with Medicaid service delivery
- Knowledge/experience with behavioral health evidence-based practices
- Knowledge of Joint Commission survey processes
- Knowledge of HEDIS Standards
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.