NP or PA, Urgent Home Visits - Saugus / Lynn, MA
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
Our model is finding success throughout the country; we are now the nation’s largest risk-based, in-home medical group, with operations in numerous markets and states across the country. At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
The Urgentivist primarily provides medical care and management to members served by the Landmark program who request urgent visits to the NCM on call.
This position prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary transfers and acute admissions, and communicates and collaborates with the assigned Landmark primary provider and interdisciplinary team in achieving patient’s care goals.
- Working with the NCM, schedules patients for maintenance visits in a way and volume that allows for prompt response to urgent patient requests during normal business hours
- Following the visit promptly communicates with the PCP and specialist as needed along with communicating findings to their primary assigned Landmark provider
- Manage patient care with the primary objective of delivering proactive chronic disease care and significantly reducing avoidable hospitalizations
- Diagnose, prescribe, and treat within the scope of the Provider and consistent with standards of care
- Participate in regular management/interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate and collaborate on patient care needs
- Completes the required documentation in a timely manner allowing the care team access to the care provided and a note to be generated to the PCP
- Participate in a rotated on-call program for home-based patient support after-hours
As a Provider with Landmark Health, now part of the Optum family, you will benefit from the following:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including a robust bonus program, market-leading Paid Time Off (PTO), CME reimbursement, mileage reimbursement, and more
- A team-based clinical environment, where you will find mission-driven clinicians who are passionate about fixing our broken system of care
- An outcomes-oriented model, where more value is placed on high-quality clinical outcomes than on productivity
- Geriatric expertise - Landmark invests significantly in provider education, with a particular focus on geriatrics and home-based medical care
- Opportunity to provide accessible care to an underserved population
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant accredited program
- Current unrestricted state license and current state driver’s license
- 2+ years clinical NP or PA experience in IM, Geriatrics, FP, Primary Care, ED, Urgent Care, or similar setting
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness of UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
- Passion for geriatric patient care
- Comfortable with conducting house calls
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.