Field Base Community Health Worker
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Field Base Community Health Worker is responsible for assessment, planning and implementing care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care. They also Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services, and manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact for the member. As a Field Base Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education. The coordinator also addresses social determinant of health such as transportation, housing, and food access.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am to 5pm. No nights, weekends, or Holidays.
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
If you reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan, you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan, and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Utilize both company and community-based resources to establish a safe and effective case management plan for members
- Collaborate with patient, family, and healthcare providers
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs, including financial, psychosocial, community, and state supportive services
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient's needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the healthcare team
- Document all member assessments, care plan and referrals provided
- Accountable to understand role and how it affects utilization management benchmarks and quality outcomes
- You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations
- Engage members either face to face or telephonically
- Help member set person-centered SMART goals and develop a care plan to achieve those goals with regular follow up calls and ongoing documentation of progress towards goals met
- Adhere to detailed, specific documentation requirements in the member’s health record
- Proactively engage the member to manage their own health and healthcare using Motivational Interviewing Skills
- As needed, help the member engage with mental health and substance use treatment
- Utilize strong skill sets of managing multiple tasks at a time, being self-motivated, driven toward quality results, managing time well, being very detailed oriented and organized, work well in a team and on your own, and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- This position is a field-based position with a home based (telecommuting) office. You will work from home when not in the field.
- Local travel up to 75% and mileage is reimbursed at current government rate
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of equivalent community outreach work experience
- 1+ year of experience with community outreach/field work experience in a health care setting
- 1+ year of experience with knowledge of the resources available, culture, and values in the community
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Must reside within a commutable distance to surrounding communities of Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Ability to travel locally approximately 75% of the time and up to 30 to 60 miles round trip with Reliable transportation, that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area, with a current and non-restricted state of Michigan Driver’s License and State-required insurance
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field or social work or Health Care Administration
- Ability to work within a matrix environment where team members are engaged in the success of the team as indirect reports but have a direct reporting relationship to others
- Community Health Worker (CHW) State course completion
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant
- Background in managing populations with complex medical and behavioral needs
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Experience with electronic charting
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
- Work at home experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.