Optum Rx, Population Health Analyst - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The individual would be a key contributor on the Health Equity team and would support the population health initiatives for the company through implementation and evaluation. Understands complex disease management programs and effective interventions to help communities facing inequity in the healthcare sector. Collaborates with key stakeholders to analyze payor data, chronic conditions, and medications while working closely with the CMO’s office. Supports process improvement initiatives by developing workflows and documentation plans for practices within the business. Recommend interventions to support populations working with the data analytics team to improve health equity to help improve the health and well-being of those most vulnerable in our country and communities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Implement, and evaluate new and existing Population Health product offerings
- Conducting comprehensive data reporting in areas like population health and quality metric measurement
- Performs analyses evaluating the effectiveness of key improvement initiatives and creates routine reports on outcomes that will be sent to providers
- Assisting in the end-to-end program management of multiple projects within the Population Health suite of solutions/medications
- Monitoring product performance and proactively identifying and addressing population-based issues
- Working together with project management in the development of timelines, project plans, and status reports to monitor projects
- Leverage internal and external community data expertise to champion innovative and robust data and analytic strategies to mitigate health equity concerns for existing and potential use cases
- Work with business stakeholders and external clients to support data product development, including requirements gathering, specifications documentation and user acceptance testing
- Work within all applicable compliance, privacy, and contractual data use requirements as applicable.
- Coordinate with third party data partners to land and link third party data assets with internal data assets as needed
- Effectively communicate data and analytic findings with many levels of the organization, business stakeholders/SME, project managers, developers, system architects, quality assurance, operations, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in disease management including roadmap ownership and stakeholder management
- 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry with data product focus or analyzing multiple data asset types (e.g., administrative claims, EMR, case management etc.).
- 1+ years of experience working with healthcare data privacy, compliance, and governance requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working in the health equity domain, specifically focused on the impact of data collection and use as related to addressing health disparities
- Experience working in a complex environment and creating clear roadmaps that align business and technology objectives
- Demonstrated experience influencing with all levels of technical and business leadership through verbal and written communications
- Detailed-oriented with Solid documentation and tracking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to develop and deliver presentations to multi-level leadership and operational audiences
- Proactive ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to identify, analyze and solve practical problems; adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines
- Results-oriented; possess ability to set the right expectations based upon the timelines and workload of cross functional stakeholders; drive the project and keep others on task to meet goals
- Demonstrated ability to create and build a new capability or service to address organization or business gaps
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.