Field Based Community Health Worker
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Field Based Community Health Worker is responsible for assessment, planning and implementing care strategies that are individualized by patient and/or Community Organizations and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care. They also Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services, and manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact for the member. As a Field Based Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Community Organizations/members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education. The coordinator also addresses social determinant of health such as transportation, housing, and food access.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well - being.
Schedule: Schedule is Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 5pm. This position is a field-based position with a home-based office. You will work from home when not in the field.
Location: Brooklyn, Queens and surrounding areas in New York
- Partner with clinical care management team to manage complex members in the community
- Conduct assessments, face to face or telephonically, to assess member medical, behavioral, functional, cognitive, and psychosocial needs, i.e., health risk assessment
- Research, locate and make referrals to community resources to address member specific care or socioeconomic needs. Follow up to confirm services are received
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care, provide education and coaching to support self-management of needs and health promotion as outlined in care plan
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of community outreach work experience
- 2+ years of experience working within the Community Health setting in a field-based healthcare role
- 2+ years of experience working within the local Community, with demonstrated knowledge of culture and values within the Community and familiarity with the resources available within the Community
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel and Outlook and be able to use multiple web applications.
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Live in a location that can receive an approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet
- Reside within a commutable distance to Brooklyn, Queens and surrounding areas in New York
- Ability to travel locally approximately 50% of the time and up to 60 miles round trip with Reliable transportation, that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area, with a current and non-restricted state of New York Driver’s License and State-required insurance
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field or social work or Health Care Administration
- Community Health Worker (CHW) State course completion
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant
- Background in managing populations with complex medical and behavioral needs,
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Experience with electronic charting
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
- Experience working in team-based care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
New York City Residents Only: The salary range for New York City residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.