Field Based Community Health Advocate - Tulsa, OK
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
As a critical member of our local outreach team, you will be responsible for increasing patient engagement through direct member outreach in the community, including in hospitals, sub-acute facilities, long-term care settings, and door to door canvassing of eligible patients. You will use a combination of inside and outside sales methods, along with deeply rooted relationships within your community, to offer our incredible care model to eligible members.
Whether on the phone or in-person, here is a snapshot of what you would be selling as a Community Health Advocate:
- In-home medical care that is always available
- Added care & services that coordinate with primary care doctors and other specialists
- Better quality of life, conveniently delivered to the patient – with no co-pay
It gets better. You would work from home when not traveling within the community, receive mileage reimbursement, and be well compensated with a competitive salary and uncapped earning potential thanks to a generous quarterly incentive (bonus) plan. And at the end of each day, you would have the satisfaction of knowing that you helped improve the lives of the people in your own community.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Identify innovative strategies to enroll patients into the Landmark Health program
- Develop the relationship between Landmark and hospital personnel, patients, physicians, community organizations, retirement communities, assisted living, primary care, and skilled nursing facilities
- Coordinate meetings with community providers, home health providers, facility discharge planners, and health plan case managers; including preparation and delivery of presentations on Landmark’s services
- Uses critical thinking skills to create outreach strategies that are designed to maximize patient awareness and registration into Landmark’s program
- Leverage reporting and dashboards to prioritize telephonic and field-based outreach to members
- Successfully meet and/or exceed engagement monthly targets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of related experience in a sales, direct marketing or customer service capacity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Ability to travel locally to Community Healthcare partners locations
- Ability to travel outside of state, up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift between 8:00am – 5:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime per business need
- Associate’s Degree (or Higher)
- Provider engagement experience
- Experience with Salesforce or EMR platforms
- Hospital or Healthcare experience
- Bilingual: (English, Spanish or Mandarin)
- Hospital or Healthcare experience
- Proven ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Proven success with time management and territory organizational skills
- Demonstrated achievement mindset: ability to consistently hit sales targets
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and project management skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.