Field Based California Border Health Site Lead - Holtville, CA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Field Based California Border Health Site Lead ensures that teams are providing efficient delivery of quality medical care services, assumes responsibility for all operations at assigned sites and builds/maintains a strong client relationship providing exceptional customer service. The site lead is responsible for ensuring COVID-19 event guidelines are being followed and that the event is successful. The site lead may also assist in testing or administrative work at the event to cover breaks or to ensure the efficiency of event flow.
This role is patient facing and requires working in a non-traditional clinical setting. It is also customer-facing with high expectations for operational excellence, particularly for maintaining strict infection prevention and control practices. Event sites may be located inside or outside. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2050 Country Club Dr Holtville, CA 92250.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, in addition to patience and a high-level of customer service to all attendees and fellow staff
- Always acts professionally with minimal supervision as a representative of OptumServe
- Possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, solve moderately complex problems while working both independently and collaboratively with others
- Organizes workload, sets priorities, completes assignments in a timely manner and utilizes resources appropriately while complying with organizational standards
- Dedicated to building rapport with team members, internal and external customers, and management team by demonstrating a strong customer service orientation and a continuous positive image of OptumServe
- Responds to client questions/concerns in a highly timely manner; marshals’ internal resources to respond/resolve quickly
- Builds a high performing team and addresses performance issues quickly and decisively, enabling professional appearance, demeanor, and high morale
- Acts as the catalyst to ensure staff are passionate about delivering genuine, caring, and friendly healthcare
- Recognizes situations that may negatively impact operational efficiency or safety and escalates to appropriate responsible office/person in a timely manner
- Accepts responsibility/accountability for client satisfaction, communication, as well as attendee and staff safety
- Effectively communicates operation issues, corrections, or process changes to team members
- Accountability to be punctual and abide by work schedule, adheres to, and takes any/all scheduled breaks
- Maintains and ensures compliance with OptumServe and Federal, State, and Local regulatory, contractual, and organizational guidelines including HIPAA as outlined in
- training and policies/procedures, quality assurance and improvement processes
- Partners with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with all clinical policies and training programs
- Manages supply inventory and escalates gaps as quickly as possible
- Responsible for daily log in to the OptumServe provided laptop
- Responsible for logging in to COVID-19 Provider Portal and navigating appropriate event details, including familiarity with where to find the Group Event ID and additional information
- Stays informed of the applicable specimen courier process for the event
- Ensures social distancing is maintained at the event for staff and attendees
- Reports to the EOA’s employer or OptumServe any complaints regarding potential violations of either a staffing agency’s policies or the Standard of Business Conduct for Group Events
- Ensures individuals don and doff their required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while on the clock/during working time
- Ensures individuals are provided on-duty rest breaks per applicable State law(which cannot include the time to don or doff PPE)
- For State of California: breaks are to be at least 10 minutes and taken in approximately the middle of every four-hour work period
- Ensures individuals are provided at least a 30-minute off-the-clock meal period (which cannot include the time to don or doff PPE)
- For State of California: Meal break should begin before the end of the fifth hour of the individual’s working time, and a second 30-minute off-the-clock meal period (which cannot include the time to don or doff PPE) that begins before the end of the tenth hour of the individual’s working time
- Ensures all individuals report all time worked to their respective employer through their agency’s timekeeping or time-tracking system, and that no individual performs any work, including the donning and doffing of PPE, that is not reported to their respective employer as time worked
- Any other functions as assigned by management
- Responsible for the daily management of the Customer Service department operations and execution of site operation as may be assigned including performance management, quality, and communicating daily with the remote oversight RN.
- Drives excellence in site operations
- Completes all assigned required clinical training provided, on time and completes competency/proficiency examination, as scheduled
- Works with OptumServe Provider Education representatives to ensure proper data reporting as needed and attends clinical meetings
- Consistently modeling appropriate donning/ doffing and PPE standards, maintaining social distancing from others on site
- Monitors/guides site staff and attendee’s activities/proximity to ensure maintenance of
- social distancing in accordance with infection prevention and control policy
- Assists clinical staff during the vaccination and testing process as allowable per scope of licensure.
- Greets attendees and assists them in navigating through the event
- Registers walk-ins and confirms appointments of attendees
- Assists in the set up and take down of the site
- Provides support in medical response to attendees who have medical needs while on the test site while waiting for emergency response team
- During downtime, assists with other duties of the site including administrative work
- Ability to step into any role at the site (admin, greeter, Vaccine Supervisor, e.g.) when needed or any other duties as directed by sites need or Optum Leadership as allowable per scope of licensure.
- Practices within mandated scope of licensure/certification in the state of the event
- Ensures and oversees that all personnel onsite are functioning with their scope of practice.
- Understands that wearing a fit tested N95 respirator is required to function at testing events for all clinical professionals who can swab attendees
- Supervises test observers and attendees during collection to ensure collection of an adequate specimen when attendee self-swabbing is conducted.
- Will also be performing nasal swabbing and processing of samples for rapid and PCR COVID-19 testing as allowed per scope of practice.
- Ensures compliance in identifying and confirming of test attendee matches test specimen vial
- Ensures that specimens are in appropriate storage container until courier collection of specimens, maintaining strict compliance with infection prevention and control processes
- Answers clinical questions related to COVID-19 asked by test attendees
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work 40 hours a week including the flexibility to work occasional overtime per business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Excel
- Event or program management experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with staff and employees at all levels
- Ability to recognize individual strengths and weaknesses while adapting to fit individual requirements
- Ability to lead team members effectively during event site operations.
Physical and Work Environment:
- Bending, crouching kneeling, and squatting
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Handling (holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with the hand or hands) and fingering (picking, pinching, fine manipulation)
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time, and walking.
- Seeing and hearing alarms and settings during and after business hours and responding according to training and procedures.
- Setting and resetting devices with small knobs and handles. Working at outdoor events that have the potential of exposure to extreme weather conditions
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.