Psychiatrist - Behavioral Health - Optum - Full-Time Remote/Telehealth - Tri-State Region - New Jersey
Here at Optum, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a full-time Psychiatry Physician to join our growing Behavioral Health team in the Tri-State region of New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
Position Highlights & Responsibility:
- Collegial multispecialty group practice with a large referral base and focus on team-based care
- Excellent support staff and dedicated practice management systems in place that enable you to practice at the peak of your medical license
- EPIC EMR system
- Monday – Friday, 8a – 4p schedule with no nights, weekends, or on-call requirements
- Fully remote/telehealth position - work virtually from the comfort of your home
- Provide consultation for primary care providers regarding patient treatment and referrals
- Provide psychopharmacology medication management and psychotherapy
- Collaborate with Psychiatric Advanced Practice Clinicians
- Full complement of clinical and administrative support teams to assist with patient care, including a dedicated Medical Assistant for each provider
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earning potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility
- Fortune 5 Company – UnitedHealth Group
- Robust retirement offerings including employer funded contributions and our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UHG Stock)
- Physician Partnership pathways and opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
About the Optum Tri-State Regional Care Team:
Optum’s Tri-State regional care team, including legacy Riverside Medical Group, CareMount and ProHealth, provides services across the care continuum – from preventive medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond. As a truly integrated health system, our physicians and advanced practice clinicians are part of a much larger care team in primary care, urgent care and more than 25 specialties, as well as ambulatory surgery, imaging and more. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State is able to provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. Part of a tri-state regional care team of over 2,100 providers who serve more than 1.6 million patients, our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of New Jersey or has New Jersey application in process
- Board Certification or board eligibility in Psychiatry
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- Active New Jersey CDS License or ability to obtain prior to start
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in a rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The Optum Story:
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 130 million people through more than 78,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.