Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
California Licensed Behavioral Health Clinician - Remote Overnight Shift
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Utilization Review Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for utilization review of psychiatric and chemical dependency cases.
The schedule for this role is 36 hours per week - 3 days a week, 12 hours per day: 7:00pm to 7:30am PST. This employee can add 4 hours throughout the week to make it 40 hours as well.
If you hold an independent license in the state of California, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency cases
- Make patient assessments and determine appropriate levels of care
- Administer benefits, review treatment plans, and coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Assist members with management of crisis situations by linking them to inpatient facilities, healthcare providers, and community supports
- Work with members and facilities via telephone to address healthcare needs
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse
- Current, unrestricted license to practice in the state of California
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health, post independent licensure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have a dedicated, distraction-free space in home for home office
- Access to install secure high-speed internet (minimum speed 1.5 download mps & 1 upload mps) via cable / DSL in home (wireless / cell phone provider, satellite, microwave, etc. does NOT meet this requirement)
- Ability to work required hours (3 days a week, 12 hours per day: 7:00pm to 7:30am PST, can add an additional 4 hours throughout the week)
- Inpatient treatment experience
- Utilization review and/or management experience
- Clinical review to determine appropriate levels of care
- Experience consulting with facility and/or hospital staff to coordinate treatment plans
- Clinical review to determine medical necessity
- Medical or behavioral health collaboration within different organizations
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.