Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Posiitons in this function conducts patient outreach to facilitate patient understanding of healthcare systems and services through the use of standardized scripts. Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Positions in this function is responsible for welcoming and orienting prospective patients to care management services and coordinating delivery of quality services through appropriate data gathering and resource referrals. Acts as the primary point of contact to facilitate effective patient communication in support of the care management team to ensure continuity of care across the care continuum and improve patient outcomes.
If you are located in Long Beach, CA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Typically working from home, every day and may occasionally come into one of our facilities or client/customer sites for meetings, training, or events.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Serves as a primary point of contact between patient and health care team to anticipate and appropriately address patient questions and concerns
- Confirms patient understanding of primary care physician (PCP) assignment and educates patient on available tools, resources, appropriate and new services available
- Conducts patient outreach to facilitate patient understanding of healthcare systems and services through the use of standardized scripts including mailings of welcoming packages, needed materials and thank you letters
- Initiates data gathering through record review and telephonic outreach to complete timely and accurate documentation of appropriate care management forms for selected patient population
- Ensures timely outreach to selected patient population and provides hand-off to care manager
- Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques, facilitates communication with patient / caregiver for program engagement
- Ensures ongoing coordinated management of patient care with appropriate resource allocations, referrals and notifications that are purposeful, supportive and interconnected with team members
- Notifies care management team of patient requests, need for referral and facilitates referrals
- Facilitates the identification, recommendation and appropriate enrollment to care management programs, patient transportation and other community-based assistance or support programs for selected patient population
- Assists in care delivery through the provision of scripted health education and monitoring
- Expedites completion of necessary forms and paperwork, confirms mailings, receipt of pertinent mailed materials, coordinates and tracks outstanding government / plan obligations and notifies appropriate team members for follow ups
- Meets or exceeds productivity targets
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- 1+ years experience as a medical assistant or clinical administrative capacity with the organization
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.