Home Health LPN- Princeton Area
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Princeton Home Health is looking for qualified LPNs to service 2 Teams:
- North Team covering Princeton, Hamilton, Ewing and Neighboring areas.
- South Team covering Princeton Junction, Monroe, Plainsboro and neighboring areas.
**Wound Care Experience Preferred**
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) functions collaboratively within the team by observing the patient/family needs and facilitating care. The LPN provides direct nursing care to home health or hospice patients within the scope of practice for LPNs. The individual will follow the Plan of Care (POC) established by the RN and the Interdisciplinary Team for patients.
- Provides home health services to patients through regularly scheduled home visits.
- Follows established Plan of Care (POC) developed by the RN and understand the process for changing the POC according to the patient and family needs.
- Performs approved nursing procedures and treatments within the LPN scope of practice. Follows appropriate preventative and palliative nursing procedures according to the Nurse Practice Act for LPNs.
- Documents all interventions, patient/family response, and medication administered in the medical record. Maintains patient records so that problems, plans, actions, and goals are accurately and clearly stated. Completes patient notes the same day that patient is seen or shift care provided.
- Assists in the planning and evaluation of the nursing care for patients and their families.
- Reviews POC with the RN and RN Team Manager. Updates and revises the POC under the direction of the RN to address current patient and family needs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as requested.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association required.
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Car Insurance required
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License required Reliable personal vehicle required
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey LPN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required. Full time experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse and 2+ years Acute care, home care, hospice care, or long-term care experience preferred.
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of an NLN accredited licensed practical nursing program. Full time experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse and 2+ years Acute care, home care, hospice care, or long-term care experience preferred.
- Wound Care Experience Preferred
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.