Vice President, Health Policy - Evaluation, Economics and Predictive Modeling - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
At OptumServe Consulting/The Lewin Group (OSC/Lewin), we help federal decision-makers strengthen health and human services programs, make informed policy choices, and implement critical initiatives. OSC/Lewin also works with foundations and associations to research and evaluate complex health care and human services needs. By delivering objective, data-driven research, technical assistance, program monitoring, and evaluations, OSC/Lewin supports current program activities, informs future program investments, and supports strategic decision processes that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens.
The Vice President will have three key responsibilities: First to lead large evaluation and policy analysis projects. Leadership requires high levels of technical expertise and innovation, ensuring scientific excellence in the design and execution of the work. Leadership also requires financial and managerial acumen to guide a large, interdisciplinary team of consultants and deliver high quality products on time and within budget. Second the Vice President must contribute to business growth. This requires creating a cohesive strategy for sector growth and executing against it by identifying business opportunities and developing and writing winning competitive proposals. Third the Vice President must lead and develop our people, contributing to a culture where employees are engaged and supported in professional development.
The Vice President will build upon a successful track record of performance and a reputation for delivering high quality results. S/he will foster a culture of accountability and high performance within communicated project timelines.
From a relationship and business growth perspective, s/he will be responsible for developing new client relationships, attaining new contracts, and broadening the firm’s work. S/he will be a recognized expert and leader in the field of health policy, economics, and evaluation. S/he will also advance business development opportunities across OSC.
From a team leadership perspective, s/he must be skilled at providing ongoing coaching and feedback and supporting mobility into other roles or development experiences to help our people build long-term fulfilling careers. S/he strives to understand what motivates others and seeks to inspire and motivate them to build an engagement culture.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise in the design and execution of program evaluations, economic analyses, advanced statistical modeling, and policy analysis
- Understand current issues in health care financing, delivery, policy, and regulation at the Federal and State level. Be expert in Medicare and Medicaid payment and policy
- Develop strategies for winning new contract work from Federal, State, and private clients. Lead winning competitive proposals. Support related work led by colleagues
- Be a trusted advisor to clients and a recognized expert in the field. Expand OSC/Lewin’s reputation and prominence
- Manage large complex projects, involving multiple teams and concurrent tasks. Ensure scientific excellence, and operational efficiency. Deliver a high-quality innovative product
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences. Ensure clear and accurate communication in all written and verbal communications and products
- Mange a large reporting line that includes staff at multiple levels of seniority and with diverse professional backgrounds. Promote employee engagement and development
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- PhD in Economics, Public Policy, Health Services Research, Public Health, or related field
- 15+ years in the health policy professional industry
- 5+ years of experience leading large program evaluations and economic analyses
- Demonstrated expertise with complex econometric analyses and evaluation design
- Experience attaining revenue targets, managing workstreams and budgets of multiple, sophisticated projects
- Experience managing and supervising a diverse reporting line and/or project team
- Demonstrated success achieving individual new business development goals and writing winning competitive proposals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading, as Principal Investigator or Project Director, multi-year program evaluations with a budget exceeding $3 million, preferably for federal HHS programs, including those at CMS
- Expertise working with large health care administrative and claims data sets
- Experience in mixed methods qualitative and quantitative research
- Expert knowledge of current Medicare and Medicaid policy
- Established professional reputation in the industry, documented by peer-reviewed publications and activities in professional associations and conferences
OptumServe Consulting/The Lewin Group (OSC/Lewin), a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm, brings 50 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. OSC/Lewin provides both depth and breadth of expertise across the field of health care consulting. Currently, OSC/Lewin has more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government, and academia. They all share a solid commitment to OSC/Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision, and dedication to client satisfaction.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $142,300 to $273,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.