Home Health Aide PMAH - Northern Chester County
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Penn Medicine at Home (PMAH) Home Health Aide is responsible for implementing a Plan of Care, assisting the patient/family with performing personal care tasks, and assisting with the activities of daily living. The individual is responsible for performing home health or hospice visits throughout a designated service area. A Home Health Aide is responsible for completing timely and accurate submission of patient documentation.
- Directly performs or assists with bathing, oral hygiene, skin and hair care of the patient.
- Prepares light meals for patients and assists with eating.
- Assists with the clothing of patient.
- Assists the patient with use of a bedpan, commode, and urinal.
- Empty Foley catheter drainage bag and records amount on weekly Home Health Aide weekly report when applicable.
- Provides assistance with home exercise programs to an assigned group of patients.
- Assists with patient’s ambulatory and with bed to chair transfer.
- Turns patients in bed to positions of comfort.
- Performs household and other environmental services tasks specified in the Home Health Aide Plan that are essential to entity.
- Assists with pre-poured medications, which are ordinarily self-administered.
- Provides respite care to relieve primary caregiver as assigned.
- Accurately documents care provided to patients on a timely basis according to Medicare/JCAHO standards.
- Completes allotment of hours as ordered by department and communicates changes in schedule.
- Documents and verifies with signature all Home Health Aide Activity Sheets and obtain caregiver or authorized facility signature.
- Oversees the timely submission of the ‘Rap Check Report’ to support government reimbursement.
- Communicates any unusual findings and/or occurrences, obvious changes in patient’s physical, mental or social status, home safety hazards, refusal of care, or patient/family dissatisfaction to the primary nurse and/or Home Health Aide Supervisor.
- Promotes easy communication between the family, RN Case Manager and Scheduling Coordinator.
- Follows the written care plan in relation to days of week and number of hours assigned for patient visits.
- Provides care only as outlined in the Plan of Care unless instructed by Case Manager of designee.
- Reviews biweekly IDT Plan of Care before providing care to patients.
- Employee must provide their own transportation to and from patient’s homes and meet current state requirements for operating a motor vehicle.
- Attends annual in-services and completes a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education annually.
- Demonstrates understanding and adherence to PMAH procedures.
- Meets all competencies as defined for Home Health Aides.
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Certified Nurse Aid (Required)
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant (in PA) or Home Care Aide (in NJ) depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities OR student nursing assistant in lieu of certification, matriculated in an accredited BSN nursing program having minimally completed the nursing foundations/fundamentals clinical course with a 3.0 GPA overall and in the nursing major.
- Driver's License (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- And 1+ years One (1) year recent experience as a Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
- Graduate of a certified nursing assistant program-in lieu of certification, must be a nursing student matriculated in an accredited BSN nursing program having minimally completed the nursing foundations/fundamentals clinical course with a 3.0 GPA overall and in the nursing major and continue to maintain a 3.0 GPA in all nursing major subjects.
Locations: Northern Chester County
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.