Associate RN Director Hospice and Palliative Care Optum NV
***$15,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates***
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall, day-to-day clinical operations of the hospice agency in collaboration with the medical director. The Director of Nursing is responsible to ensure that the hospice services provided by the agency are consistent with the hospice philosophy of care and are coordinated, efficient and effective, and result in positive patient care outcomes. In addition, the Director of Nursing is responsible to ensure that the hospice services provided by the agency comply with State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the agency provides quality/coordinated hospice services to a census in excess of 100 patients
- Responsible for ensuring that the hospice services provided by the agency comply with State and Federal Regulations (documentation and delivered care)
- Responsible for the oversight of agency clinical managers to ensure hospice services are provided via an interdisciplinary plan of care and documentation is completed per agency policy and standards
- Responsible for the oversight, development and ongoing revision of agency policies and procedures for the care of patients including establishing criteria for the admission and discharge of patients (do you mean for PC patients? For Hospice, not much flexibility)
- In collaboration with the Administrator/Executive Director, assess the agency census and staffing and operational requirements on an ongoing basis; provide input and recommendations as to the number and types of clinical and support staff and other resources required to meet the agency goals
- Responsible to ensure that the agency maintains an active and effective orientation program, ongoing competency assessment, ongoing supervision and performance management to assure that hospice and palliative services are provided by qualified, competence professionals
- Strive to assure that all services provided by the agency meet both internal and external customer’s expectations
- Assure the goals of the agency are consistent with goals of Optum and SMA
- Assure the services provided by the agency are efficient and of value and are provided in accordance with the agency strategic plans and operating and capital budgets
- In collaboration with the administrator and other staff, ensure the agency engages in strategic planning and development of its organization and services
- Represents the agency in the community providing education regarding agency services, the hospice philosophy of care, and provides support to marketing and business development efforts
- Responsible to remain up to date regarding the hospice industry through professional development and networking
- Participates in the administrator on-call rotation
- May function as administrator in Executive Director’s absence
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted RN license from the State of Nevada
- 5+ years or more of Hospice experience
- 3+ years or more of Hospice management experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BSN or Bachelors in Healthcare or related field
- Masters Degree
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.