Associate Director Pharmacy - Pennsylvania Hospital
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Associate Director of Inpatient Operations reports directly to the Director of Pharmacy at Pennsylvania Hospital and is responsible for ensuring delivery of reliable, high quality pharmacy services across the hospital. This position supervises several positions including the Pharmacy Manager (Inpatient), Pharmacists, and Technicians. The Associate Director works closely with members of the pharmacy leadership team to meet departmental goals as they align with organizational and departmental missions.
- This individual must apply excellent communication skills and expertise in project management to ensure thorough oversight of all aspects of pharmacy operations, including workflow optimization and implementation of quality improvement initiatives to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and policies. This involves development of strong working relationships with interdisciplinary departments.
- Ensure high-level, consistent performance and a safe medication delivery system
- Ensure financial budget accountabilities with all areas of responsibility
- Ensure operational compliance with all established federal and state regulatory rules and laws as well as professional
- standards set by national and local organizations
- Ensure that all staff within the Associate Director of Inpatient Operations’ reporting structure demonstrate the professional and
- technical requirements and competencies of their respective jobs
- Support and manage the rollout of new initiatives, external collaborations and special projects in accordance with
- accreditation standards
- Serve as the point person for Pharmacy Operations in cross-departmental / entity projects and follow up with key
- stakeholders to ensure project success
- Maintain reports to track metrics, monitor performance and ensure working order of operational equipment
- Pharmacist licensure in the State of Pennsylvania required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Ph.D. required.
- 3+ years Health-system pharmacy leadership required.
- Master of Arts or Science preferred.
- Major/Area of Study: MHA or MBA PGY1/ PGY2 Residency-Administration preferred.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.