Clinical Nurse 2- Inpatient Psychiatric Unit- 6 Spruce- Full time nights- Pennsylvania Hospital
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital, located at 800 Spruce Street, is searching for a Registered Nurse to join their growing psychiatric team! This opportunity is a 7p-7:30a shift with an every third weekend requirement.
6 Spruce is an 18-bed secure inpatient unit at Pennsylvania Hospital that provides comprehensive psychiatric treatment for adult patients with mood and anxiety disorders and geriatric patients 60 years and older with all types of psychiatric illnesses. The unit also specializes in treating patients whose psychiatric illnesses are complicated by active medical problems. The goal of treatment on 6 Spruce is to treat and stabilize patients and discharge them to appropriate outpatient care.
Multidisciplinary Treatment Team:
A treatment team consisting of psychiatrists, resident physicians, psychologists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and medical consultants cares for patients on 6 Spruce. The patients and their families are a part of the treatment team and have maximum input into their treatment plan. Patients meet daily with members of the team to discuss progress and goals of treatment.
The group program is designed to provide patients with education and skills that allow them to successfully manage their illness outside of the hospital environment. Some examples of groups offered are:
· Relaxation Group
· Medication Education Group
· Coping Skills Group
· Illness Education
Medication management and Electroconvulsive therapy treatments are also offered in addition to individual and group therapy.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Clinical Nurse 2 position description addendum.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork (Definitions listed below).
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum.
- The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague seeks feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice. The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system.
- The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association - Required
- Pennsylvania RN licensure - Required
- BSN - Required
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.