VP, IT Services Solution Executive - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Role in Brief: The IT Services Portfolio Strategist and Solution Design VP will:
Serve as the growth portfolio expert for Optum’s IT Performance Services. Optum’s IT Performance Services consist of nearly 130, business-empowering IT capabilities across Infrastructure & Platform Services, Security Services, IT Professional Services, Application Services, and Market Services. These services form a fundamental framework upon with Provider digital strategies can thrive. This role will focus on the development and generation of opportunities centered around Optum’s As-A-Service configuration of our IT Performance Services. This As-A-Service configuration enables Optum clients to leverage specific elements of Optum’s IT Performance Services portfolio such as Infrastructure & Platform Services (including Optum’s Connect Cloud services), Security Services, and Application Services.
This role will participate in developing go-to-market priorities, tactics and materials working closely with Optum Marketing and Product representatives.
Develop tactics on leads and participating in sales calls as a SME on the Optum IT Performance Services portfolio. Focus upon framing opportunities for either consumption-based services or smartsourcing partnership framework whenever appropriate. This includes but is not limited to; supporting the sales team in client facing meetings re: solution value proposition, presentations, etc.
Coordinate the use of internal Optum constituencies including Legal, Product and Finance Reps, Operations and territory General Manager leaders; in cases where sales cycle has reached contracting stage.
Position in this function support creation of RFP responses; orchestrating the use of Legal, Product and Finance Reps, Operations and territory General Manager leaders.
As deals progress through the sales cycle; coordinate and collaborate with IT Performance Services Engineering, Delivery, and Financial Modeling leads, as well as Optum Legal.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in the development of go-to-market strategies, tactics, and sales materials relating to IT Services market. Marketing partner
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Delivery, and Financial teams to ensure clarity re: due diligence processes, resources, data capture forms/tools, and translation to financial model
- As soon as possible, determine if a given target is a fit for Optum smart-sourcing, or if tactically, they would best be approached about singular As-A-Service IT Services
- Create relationship development strategies, related to specific opportunities, based on industry subject matter expertise, networking and in-depth knowledge of client profiles. Assist CEs on each opportunity to plan optimal sales approach and create work plans to achieve targeted sales opportunities
- Build and maintain knowledge of the entire range of Optum's products and services that affect the IT Services market
- Achieve a growth quota whether through application of smart-sourcing model to existing clients or involvement in the sales cycle after deal has been sourced
- Participate in any IT Services opportunity sales cycle deemed appropriate in collaboration with CE’s.
- Act as primary liaison between Finance, Operations and Legal representatives when IT Services deals are in contracting phase of sales cycle
- Articulate team priorities and progress through effective communication within direct team and business partners across Optum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of IT Services sales
- Experience bringing new solutions to existing clients to drive compelling value
- Experience diagnosing client needs and recommending dynamic and complex solutions
- Experience negotiating and finalizing pricing and contracts
- Ability to effectively lead the sales process and collaborate with teams to achieve sales goals
- Successful track record of retaining and expanding existing client revenue base
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders across a highly matrixed environment (ex. solution sales, sales support, legal, pricing, finance, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Successful track record of managing deep client relationships
- Demonstrated success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing senior executive and C-suite clients
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 10+ years of experience in designing and selling IT Services solutions specifically to healthcare entities (providers, payers, life sciences, government health).
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry (Payer and/or Provider markets)
- Specialty knowledge of cloud services, security services, or applications services (development and/or applications management)
- Master’s or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Demonstrate knowledge of entire range of Optum and UHG's products and services
- Executive presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $90,000 to $175,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,000 to $175,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.