Optum Payment Integrity & Managed Services MBA/MHA Intern
Internships at Optum. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 94,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. Our internship opportunities provide a view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. Here, you’ll work with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Our Optum Payment Integrity & Managed Services Summer Internship Program is designed to provide graduate students a unique opportunity to become familiar with the organization and gain meaningful work experience throughout our Payer Operations business. Our organization is over 20,000 employees worldwide. You will be exposed to the Payer Operations top executional priorities which will utilize your strategic thinking and planning skills, critical thinking, global mindset, program, and project management skills. During the summer, we focus on your training and professional development, so you’ll be prepared to take your career to the next level. You will develop a wide range of practical and technical job skills, further develop leadership and communication skills, and develop a broad professional network within the organization. You will have the ability to make meaningful contributions to the company and help people live healthier lives. Over the course of 10 weeks, you can expect the following:
- On the job experience: Working as part of a high performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as an intern. You will begin to build your analytical and leadership skills by executing key messaging to internal and external stakeholders
- Professional support: You will be matched to a leader and mentor, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and provide feedback throughout the duration of the summer
- Professional development: Over the course of the summer, you will receive professional training and coaching and an opportunity to network with several leaders across the organization
- Organized networking activities: Our social responsibility mission is helping build healthier communities. We promote community involvement and networking with other interns across the UnitedHealth Group family
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree candidate with an expected graduation in December 2023 – May/June 2024 (MBA/MHA preferred)
- Active enrollment in a masters degree program throughout the duration of the summer 2023 internship
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Relevant work experience including but not limited to finance, operations, healthcare, and/or data analytics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A high level of initiative, accountability, and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand complex business issues and make strategic decisions
- Thrive in team-based culture and fast changing global environment
- Solid organizational skills, ability to multitask, and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to navigate a complex matrix organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.