Lead Business Services I - Everett, WA
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Services department is seeking a Lead Business Services Representative I to join their team full time located in Everett, WA. Hybrid/Remote work after 4-6 weeks of in-person training.
The Lead Business Services Representative I functions as an integral member of the team and is responsible to ensure services provided to Everett Clinic patients are fully and correctly reimbursed by third-party carriers and patients in a timely manner, including the handling of paper and electronic correspondence and payments received for revenue cycle management. Focus on customer service when working with patients, clinical departments and carriers to ensure service questions and charge disputes are handled promptly and professionally. Demonstrate proficiency in job category skills through training, audit and certification to standard work. Flexible regarding work assignment based on certified skills and job categories to meet customer demand.
The Lead Business Services Representative I is responsible for and not limited to:
- Payment Entry
- Follow Up/Appeals
- Quality Assurance
- Customer Service
- Patient Credit & Collections and Special Account Work
- Payment and Cashiering Processing
- Registration and Appointment Scheduling
- Claim Edit Work Queues and Paper Bills
- Coordinates Daily Management for work teams including visibility board updates, productivity stats, level loading assigned tasks to demand, and distributing pull system assignments
- Oversees and directs daily work for work group/area; coordinates and provides training, audits, and Standard Work updates. Is basic skills certified and assists staff with certification goals and is encouraged to reach Tier 2 certification
- Serves as a role model in meeting and exceeding stats, attendance, punctuality and professionalism. Is a leader and resource person within the department and is flexible with their work schedule, including working weekends as need arises. Subject matter expert in work skills for their group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Ability to obtain certification in basic job category and one skill competency category after 6 months of job placement (including training, audit and certification)
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- CPC Certification
- Medical billing experience
- Working knowledge of CPT & Diagnosis Coding, Medical Terminology, and basic Anatomy
- Good computer skills, minimum typing skill of 40 wpm
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and assist others to do the same
- Competent in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, patients, community, and external agencies
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 40 hours a week. The first two weeks of training is typically 8:00-4:00. Normal schedule is 7:00-3:30.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.