Inpatient Social Worker - La Palma, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Assists the Manager of Social Services in the facilitation and coordination of community resources, in-home support services and other community-based services including Medical waiver services for AppleCare managed care members, CalConnect Dual Demonstration Project, and ACO beneficiaries.
- Perform psychosocial assessments
- Participate in interdisciplinary plan of care meetings to identify needs of patients
- Promote community resources and assist with coordination of care
- Provide advocacy for patients in need of services to better their health
- Coordinate discharge planning process with patient and family
- Make appropriate referrals for home care
- Provide support and education to patients and family members to help them understand coordination of medical services
- Make appropriate abuse referrals to Adult Protective Services, and Children’s Services
- Facilitates telephonic and in-home assessment appointments
- Maintains/prepares social services productivity documentation and other SS reports.
- Communicates with patients and families at acute and long term care facilities as needed
- Arranges Hospice and Palliative Care appointments
- Performs member SS follow up calls
- Obtains progress notes/reports from providers
- Assists with transition of care from institutional to home including transportation, authorizations, etc.
- Makes referrals to adult or child protective agencies as directed by the social worker and obtains follows up reports
- Holds ability to provide therapeutic interventions including mental health patients
- Holds ability to assess for 5150s, and provide referrals to mental health placements and conservatorships
- Facilitate interventions for complex cases
- Develops and monitors care plan with patients and physicians
- Develops education on new policies and guidelines within corporation
- Facilitate crisis management and directs care to appropriate agencies
- Must maintain a strong knowledge base of all community resources in order to obtain services for pt
- Provides education on CMS guidelines
- Performs above BSW responsibilities/functions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Social Work or MSW
- Experience working inpatient in hospital setting or remote
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Ability to prioritize workload handling multiple tasks and remain organized
- Ability to perform complex problem solving
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and other clinical services staff
- Flexible to department and organizational needs
- Proven quantitative, organizational, and administrative skills
- Proven people and project management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMS and Medical benefits and services
- Thorough knowledge of community resources, in-home operations and community-based service waivers for medi-cal beneficiaries
- Knowledge of utilization coverage guidelines, coordination of benefits, and coordination of care processes provided throughout the healthcare continuum
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, BSW, Care Coordinator, Inpatient, Hospital, Clinic, La Palma, CA, California