Epic Inpatient ClinDoc Orders Sr. Analyst - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Enterprise Epic Services team is an innovative, comprehensive Epic services capability using the collective expertise of our clinical, consulting, delivery, technology, and operations teams. Solid candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership, and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Provide Epic product function, design, build, and testing expertise and experience for assigned Epic module related to EpicCare Inpatient
- Collaborate with end users to design and build the Epic system in a timely and professional manner and make corrective configuration or enhancements
- Lead small to medium complexity Epic software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs
- Provide technical and/or clinical consultation including application configuration. Review, analyze, and evaluate system needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Develop, support, and maintain all required system design and build documents and other system documentation
- Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use
- Actively participate in all phases of the testing lifecycle and perform unit, system and integrated testing tasks and activities for EpicCare Inpatient workflow
- Provide support of application incidents reported through the help desk, including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of software functionality; acquire and utilize knowledge of operational workflows to be implemented
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Work with trainers to develop and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to specifications prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; review and test each new release; troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develop solid relationships with end user communities, customers, and business partners
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree required e.g., Associate, Bachelor, Master, OR 2+ years of Epic experience
- Active Epic certifications with proof of certificate number(s) in EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation OR Inpatient Orders
- Direct client healthcare domain knowledge such as clinical documentation, orders workflow, and patient flow.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, USA domestic locations. Travel may be lower depending on project requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Certified in Case Management, Stork, or Bugsy
- 5+ years of direct client experience
- 4+ years of Epic Experience
- Experience in department build, and implementing community connect locations
- Proficiency with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to demonstrated and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epic’s suite of EMR applications
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain solid internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a solid ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group, and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate solid relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.