PRN Pharmacy Technician Trainee Inpatient @ PPMC
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Pharmacy Technician Trainee is a temporary job title for pharmacy technicians who are hired into any pharmacy area without pharmacy technician certification. A pharmacy technician hired into this role must become certified within 6 months of hire in order to continue employment and move into a permanent pharmacy technician role.
- Stock and restock medications
- Prepack medications
- Triage phone calls appropriately
- Fill medication orders
- Deliver medications to assigned areas
- Regularly rotate medication stock and check for expired medications
- Cert Pharmacy Technician (Required)
- Pharmacy Technician certification required within 6 months of hire
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years Pharmacy experience
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.